Sunday 1 March 2015

Bits & Bobs



Hi everyone,

Sorry I’ve been missing for a little while. I’ve been finishing off the edits/proofs etc. for McKellan’s Run which is due for release on the 22nd of April. It will be available in both ebook and print. McKellan’s Run is up on pre-order at the moment on all sorts of sites, such as Book Depository, Booktopia and of course Amazon.

Here’s the Amazon link –


 

 And here’s the final blurb -

Violet Beckett once made the mistake of falling for the wrong McKellan brother. Now, eight years later, fate has brought Violet back to her home town with her daughter, Holly.

As soon as Violet runs into Charlie ‘Mac’ McKellan, she wonders if she should run all the way back to the city. But something about him makes her want to linger. Can she trust him, can she trust herself or will she be burned again?

Charlie McKellan has had a soft spot for Violet Beckett for longer than he can remember. It almost killed him to watch his brother woo her, use her and finally lose her. From his very first encounter with Violet he’s hooked. But how can he convince her that not all McKellans are the same?

 

In the tradition of novels by Rachael Johns’, McKellan’s Run tells the story of two very special people who deserve another chance.

 



 
In other news, I’ve booked to go to the RWA’s ‘Get Fresh Conference’ in Melbourne in August. I have to admit I’m very excited as this will be my first one. The line-up of speakers and workshops look interesting.
Here’s a link  -
 

On the writing front I’ve just made it to the halfway point of In Like Flynn (working title, although I have to admit I like it). It’s the second book in the Violet Falls series and deals with local sheep farmer, Flynn Hartley and Lily Beckett (Violet’s little sister). I’m really enjoying writing this story and I have to admit I think I’ve got a little bit of a crush on Flynn. I’m sure that’s wrong but you see, he’s funny and sexy and he’s got the type of smile that makes a girl’s heart skip a beat.
Both Flynn and Lily appear in McKellan’s Run but it didn’t take me long to realise that they both deserved not only their own story but a shot at a happy ending.
I’ve cobbled together a rough blurb so you can get the idea. J
It’s the heat of summer and the middle of the bushfire season when Lily Beckett's life implodes and lies in tatters at her feet. All she can do is run back to her sister, Violet and try and regroup.
She's learnt her lesson and vowed to stay away from men - at least for a little while. So the last thing she needs is Flynn Hartley, Violet Falls' notorious womanizer hanging around. Lily refuses to be just another one of his conquests, but the more she pushes him away, the more determined he appears to become.
Flynn has spent the last few years restoring and building up his sheep run, The Grange into a successful farm. He's never been in love or a long time relationship. In fact the whole idea terrifies him. But somehow, Lily Beckett with her dark hair and sexy freckles has got under his skin. And for the first time in his life, Flynn is at a loss - how the hell did that happen?
 
So there it is, well sort of. At the moment both Flynn and Lily are getting into all types of tangles, so I’d better sign off and go and see if I can help them out.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
 Nicóle xx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment